Re: MTS and Memory

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 16:10:29 -0700

Perhaps he was just looking for something like this: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1012046.6

> Memory increase? Nope. Memory redistributed, true.

True, but the OP was asking if one _should proactively_ increase memory for MTS. Both you and the ridiculously old metalink document effectively say "one should measure, then decide."

I have a vague memory of something apropos in an MTS configuration class I took circa 1995, if I think of it whilst basement-rooting I'll find the booklet and see.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
http://www.firedetect.noaa.gov/viewer.htm