Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_tbigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:05:11 GMT

Comments in reply to this unfortunate post embedded.

"Don Burleson" <don_at_burleson.cc> wrote in message news:998d28f7.0406070543.2a4c3492_at_posting.google.com...
> Unprofessional? Excuse me?

Yes Don, that's how normal, rational people describe threatening, bullying behaviour. That's how most normal, rational people would describe sending threatening emails to someone's employer in the hope of getting them fired. Very unprofessional.

> Actually, it's the exact opposite!
>
> It's easy for cowards to hurl insults anonymously, but it takes a REAL
> professional to stand-up and face those they accuse.

As I requested previously, for the sake of decency, can you please stop this nonsense.

> A real professional does NOT hide behind anonymity, tossing malicous
> crap and then crawling back into the safety of cyberspace.

Wrong again Don, wrong again. I seem to say that a lot to you don't I ? I have never tried to hide my identity. I use my real name, always have done. Don, can you claim to have always done the same ? Your accusation that I hide behind anonymity is simply not true. And you know it too Don, which makes your accusation all the worse.

> Only an inept, unprofessional coward would run-away from the chance to
> engage in a face-to-face debate.

Don, you have never, ever had the "courage" to debate me openly on any technical issue. Never. Despite numerous requests that you engage in a technical debate, you have never, ever accepted the challenge. Not once have you had the courage to openly engage in a debate, here or in other Oracle related lists, on the various times I have dared question the technical validity of your writings. Not once. Don, name me just one time when you have openly questioned the technical accuracy of anything I may have written about your writings. Don, name me just one time when you have openly admitted to being wrong.

And you accuse me of being a coward .

This face-to-face fixation you have strikes me as being extremely odd. Don't you think it a little impractical to have to engage in "face-to-face" debates whenever someone disagrees with someone else's opinion? Impractical and little bit expensive too? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to simply reply to such disagreements with a rational, logical and above all technically based counter argument ? If you prove to be correct, great, we all learn from it, if you prove to be incorrect, great, you would have learned something from the exchange.

It may surprise you to learn this is but this is how most rational people conduct themselves. Odd isn't it ?

> You anonymous trolls are the ones who should be embarassed.

Like I said, I have never been anonymous and I have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed.

> BTW, I heard some real gems about you and HJR from the Oz folks at
> IOUG, and trust me, I'm not the only one who thinks that you are
> unprofessional. . .

Hold on Don. In one sentence you accuse me of being "anonymous", in the next you claim to have "some real gems" about me. You can't have it both ways. Don, you're coming across as being incoherent, inconsistent, incorrect and above all immoral with these baseless accusations.

Like I said before, please show some dignity and stop this nonsense now.

Please

Richard Received on Tue Jun 08 2004 - 07:05:11 CDT