Re: Having Deadlock Problem

From: andy <anandv81_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2004 05:00:05 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful. You are right , COM+ components intiate distributed transactions using XA interface provided by ORACLE. I have been analyzing this problem for a while now and had felt that this was a deadlock problem. What surprised me also was that there is no closed loop here .
What happens is that the first transaction (session 13) gets stuck and holds the lock for indefinite period.

The log file was generated by Oracle and the ORA 0249 error might not be the reason for this error.

What I'm trying to figure out is why does the first transaction get stuck? Is there anyway I could locate this? or maybe atleast shortlist the possible causes why the first transaction getting stuck.

Thanks in advance

Andy