export import : german special chars not visible in target -db

From: Orca777 <member28638_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:55:04 +0000

Hi;
We have a source db having character set UsAscci 7 Bit, but german special chars 'Δί..' are stored too and on the client the special chars are visible!

Now an export is done, and an import is done to a WE8ISO.. DB. The german chars are not visible any more.

I know that this has something to do with NLS_LANG-Settings. can you give me a tip getting the data right stored in the target -db?

Regards
Orca