Oracle Agent for backup Exec and archive log error

From: Clemens Hoffmann <choffmann_at_heeg.de>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:49:43 +0200

Hello,

we just installed the Oracle Agent for Backup Exec. Now we get some strange behavior in Oracle (It is 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 client). After the backup with Backup Exec we can connect to the database and perform select statements. The first insert or update statement opens a DOS box with the following contents

--+

¦
¦
¦ Warning - The following error occured during ORACLE redo log archival: ¦
¦
¦

--+

ORACLE Instance nils - Can not allocate log, archival required

--+
¦ Press <ENTER> to acknowledge message.
¦

--+