Re: export import : german special chars not visible in target -db

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 20:22:33 +0200

Orca777 wrote:
> Hi;
> We have a source db having character set UsAscci 7 Bit, but german
> special chars 'Δί..' are stored too and on the client the special chars
> are visible!
>
> Now an export is done, and an import is done to a WE8ISO.. DB.
> The german chars are not visible any more.
>
> I know that this has something to do with NLS_LANG-Settings.
> can you give me a tip getting the data right stored
> in the target -db?
>
> Regards
> Orca
>
> --

If 8i, change to we8DEC charset (and do make a backup). Else (to get around the charset conversion bit): - exp normally (you have that already, unless you also have

   errors in the export log)
- set your characterset to us7ascci:
set NLS_LANG=.US7ASCII (or export NLS_LANG=.US7ASCII, depending on your platform)
- imp - you should NOT see the conversion errors

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel