Re: export import : german special chars not visible in target -db

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:54:21 +0100

Can you tell us what the database and national character sets are on the source and destination databases? Also, when you say that the German characters are not visible, are they converted into unaccented characters (eg Ä becomes A) or are they displayed as a completely different character like a square block? When you perform the export and import, are any messages about character set conversion displayed?