Oracle/Linux Server Configuration

From: alaxsxaq <member24849_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:32:56 +0000

My Oracle servers are now a mix of Solaris (application server) and Compaq Tru64 (db server) and this is the year when I can replace all of these systems (we have a 5 year replacement cycle). Since we do not want to stay on Tru64 for obvious reasons, I am currently researching the option of going with Sun Solaris on a 64 bit Sparc platform and Intel/Linux The application that uses these servers is a Higher Ed ERM system with about 120 concurrent users.
Anyone out there running their an application of comparable size on Intel/Linux? Any resources out there where I can read performance comparisons between the various platforms? Thanks! Glenn