Re: Oracle/Linux Server Configuration

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 14:06:27 +1100

 alaxsxaq> My Oracle servers are now a mix of Solaris (application
 alaxsxaq> server) and Compaq Tru64 (db server) and this is the year
 alaxsxaq> when I can replace all of these systems (we have a 5 year
 alaxsxaq> replacement cycle).  Since we do not want to stay on Tru64
 alaxsxaq> for obvious reasons, I am currently researching the option

sorry, but can you expand on what the obvious reasons are for not staying with True64? Is this because of compaq being acquired by HP?

Tim

--
Tim Cross