Re: listener and /tmp

From: I.A. Saez <i.a.saez.scheihingGEENSPAM_at_tue.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:26:13 +0100

Vsevolod,

/tmp and swap space are (always?) the same. Take a look at /var/adm/messages. There you probably will find errors like this:

Nov 11 11:04:09 xxx.domain.nl unix: WARNING: Sorry, no swap space to grow stack for pid 26166 (httpd)
Nov 11 11:04:10 xxx.domain.nl last message repeated 6 times

It's not a good idea to just start changing permissions. Let your system administrator deal with the problem.

kind regards,

Ivan