listener and /tmp

From: Vsevolod Afanassiev <vafanassiev_at_aapt.com.au>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 16:59:56 -0800

I found that if /tmp is full, Oracle listener cannot start a new process. At the same time, if I change permissions on /tmp so UNIX user "oracle" cannot read/write/cd /tmp, the listener works OK. Isn't it strange? I mean, if the listener needs to create a temporary file in /tmp when establishing a connection, then persmissions should affect it in the same way as /tmp being full.

Environment:
Sun Solaris 8, Oracle 8.1.6.2.0

Is there any way to tell listener not to use /tmp and use another directory? I tried setting env. variables TMP and TMPDIR, but it did not help.

Thanks,
Sev Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 18:59:56 CST