Re: create package

From: S2 <email_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:08:12 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:37:43 GMT, S2 <email_at_mail.com> wrote:
>

>>hi Bakker, tnx for your answer and the time you spend behind this thread.
>>maybe i did not explain myself right.

> I consider greeting someone by his last name as being intentionally
> rude.

i consider your statements rude as well. is this a problem? or are we just wasting precious space on the newsserver and bandwith of our providers?

> So finally it appears what we are really discussing is version
> control.

i newer heard about that. Rauf Sarwar's post was very helpful to me, and i will inform me about it.

> Why you would archive previous versions of an algorithm in
> the database is beyond me,

well, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it hasn't to be that way.

> you would do better using Toad in
> conjunction with Visual Source Safe.

that would implicate manual intervention by the developer (we). this can not be done.

> And yes, you have a serious problem in your development methodology,
> if you allow changing your code every few days.
this is not going to happening every few day. this is going to happening 1 or 2 times at year.

--
regards,
Simon