TNS Protocol Adapter error

From: Alan <Alan742_at_excite.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2001 11:24:03 -0700

I've checked your user group and still I do not have an answer. Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000. The setup complete, I go into the database configuration assistant, go through all the steps. It starts building and comes up with the famous "TNS Protocol Adapter error". I checked the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, all seems to be configured correctly. I've been playing all day, with HUGE frustration. HELP, please. Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 13:24:03 CDT