Re: Index rebuilding behavior

From: Mikel <not_at_me.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:37:00 -0400

Rose,

Apart from having the extents for one index in more than one tablespace??? Unless you specify minimum extent XXX, I believe you can get smaller extents than your next and initial default storage clause parameters. However, I don't believe you should get larger extents than you initial and next. Someone much smarter than me will have to tell you exactly how Oracle determines the exact extent size.

Mike