Late Shutdown

From: <sbenyo_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:08:22 +0200

I have a 7.3.3 database running over NT. When I issue the command:
svrmgr> shutdown immediate

The database seems to start getting down but It doesn't complete the shutdown properly.
After some time (even hours) the database finally shuts down. (If I issue a startup command before it completes I get: oralce is alreay started!)

I have 3 oracle jobs running in the database in very short intervals and that seems to be connected somehow....

If anyone knows anything why shutting down the database takes so long or a way to shut it properly,
I will be more than glad to know!

10X

            Shaul Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 16:08:22 CDT