clients can't connect to second instance!

From: D. Oakley <no-one_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:48:17 +0100

Hi there, we have a basic Oracle 7.3 installation based on NT. I had no problems setting up the NT clients with SQL Net Easy Config to connect to the orcl instance. However, I have now added a second instance. I can connect to this instance from the oracle server machine (using bequeath) , but not from any of the clients! I used SQL Net Easy Config as before.

I notice that there is only one TNS Listener process running on the server machine - should there be one listener for each instance? Do i need to configure something else on the server side??

Any advice would be appreciated,
TIA. Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 11:48:17 CDT