Re: temp tables in oracle

From: Richard Armstrong <StateOArt_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:46:47 -0600

create table x as select * from y;
.
do your join;
.
drop table x;

You can also create indexes on your temp tables. Temp tables are a fact of life, and quite useful for pruning large SQL statements into smaller bites so that they can run faster.

At this time, there is no Sybase-like
create-temp-table-in-memory-and-drop-on-disconnect in Oracle (thank goodness).

--

Richard Armstrong
State Of The Art Consulting, Inc.