temp tables in oracle

From: alex menendez <amen_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:23:08 -0700

hello, all

Is there anyway to create a temp table in oracle then select a number of fields into it for a subsequent
join with another table?

Most of my sql experience has been with sybase and I am new to oracle. I know that in sybase you are able to create temp tables on the fly with the #table_name notation.
These tables are kept in memory until the user logs out of his or her sql session.

Does such a thing exist in the oracle world?

thanx in advance,
-amen Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 12:23:08 CDT