Re: Newbie Question on tables

From: Dave Klinger <dklinger_at_bechtel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:21:32 GMT

There are actually three different views, depending on exactly what you are looking for. SELECT * FROM USER_TABLES will list all the tables owned by the current user. SELECT * FROM ALL_TABLES will list all tables which the current user has rights to. This would include all tables that the user owns and any that the user has been granted access to see. SELECT * FROM SYS.DBA_TABLES will list all the tables in the database. This can only be executed by a user with DBA privileges or a user who has been granted SELECT on the sys.dba_tables view.

Dave