Re: Oracle ODBC error

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:41:00 GMT

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:59:49 GMT, vanand_at_allstate.com wrote:

>I get the following error in my code. Could anybody tell please what this
>error is due to ?
>
>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Specified driver
>could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Oracle73 Ver2.5).
>/MetaSales/table2.asp, line 24
>

>The line 24 is
>StrCnn = "DSN=metaent5;UID=TEST;PWD=TEST"Conn.Open StrCnn

This is an ODBC-specific error and not an Oracle one (as I've seen other users encounter this same problem using Active Server Pages and Informix).

Using the ODBC Administrator, try changing this from a User datasource to a System Datasource.

Hope this helps.

>Thanks very much !!!
>VN

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Wed Dec 23 1998 - 06:41:00 CST