Re: grant truncate

From: Tom Sager <tom.sager_at_lgeenergy.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:32:25 -0400

I'd have to disagree on the GRANT advice. According to the 7.3 SQL Reference the table must be in the user's schema in order to have TRUNCATE privlilege or.... the user must have DELETE ANY TABLE system privilege (according to the books, I've never tried it).

So, if Table ACCOUNT is created in schema SCOTT, and user BOB is granted DELETE on SCOTT.ACCOUNT, user BOB will be able to perform a DELETE but not a TRUNCATE on the table.