Re: grant truncate

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 16:36:42 GMT

Truncate is a 'Oracle specific' variant on the 'delete * from ....' command and requires that the user be granted delete rights to the table....

so

' grant delete on table1 to other_users '

will also grant truncate to those users

lien_at_cs.umb.edu (j.k.) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there other way that I can solve the problem as below.
>Any helps would be appricated.
>
>grant truncate on table1 to other_users
> *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege
>

>thanks.

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 11:36:42 CDT