Re: grant truncate

From: Joe Brown <joebrownNO_SPAM_me_very_MUCH_at_leading.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 18:40:09 GMT

johng_at_nospam.mm.com (TurkBear) wrote:

> Truncate is a 'Oracle specific' variant on the 'delete * from ....' command and
> requires that the user be granted delete rights to the table....
>
> so
>
> ' grant delete on table1 to other_users '
>
> will also grant truncate to those users

I thought so too

Tried granting scott delete priv on a demo table.

Scott still has insufficient privileges to truncate the table.

Then granted scott all on the table

Scott still has insufficient privileges to truncate the table.

Reading through system roles and permissions (7.1.3.3.3 Win help file), the role 'DELETE ANY TABLE' will allow the grantee to delete from or truncate any table.

But on PO 8.0.4
Scott still has insufficient privileges to truncate the table...

I bet grant dba to scott would cover it though...

--
joebrown
@leading.net Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 13:40:09 CDT