Re: Question regarding Oracle's stance of non-support for Non-Oracle Public Cloud

From: Jeremiah Cetlin Wilton <jcwilton93_at_earlham.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:26:29 -0800

Whether or not Oracle will support you is a matter covered in your signed license and support agreement, not in any one of a number of non-legally-binding scareware notes.

Thousands of Oracle customers run with great success on non-Oracle clouds. Because customers run more than Oracle, they use the big fully-featured cloud services in order to take advantage of the full ecosystem of services those clouds offer, including other databases. I suspect more run on non-Oracle clouds than on Oracle's cloud.

Thanks

Jeremiah