OMS and Repository Preferences

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:15:14 -0700 (PDT)

I know it's common for many folks to separate their OMS from their repository for Enterprise Manager-  I haven't been one to do this in the past due to, OK, just going to say it, flaky network connectivity in previous environments that would cause *false* communication alerts with the OMS components to/from the repository.  I now have new clients, new systems to work on and at least two EM12c environments to build out in the near future. So here's my question:
What is your preference when building an Enterprise Manager environment?  Do you house the OMS and the repository on the same host or separately and I want to know WHY you build it one way or the other, not just "It just should be that way.. " :)

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant