Re: OMS and Repository Preferences

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:33:53 -0600

Please recheck that: According to the Licensing manual at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/editions.htm#BABDJGGI Oracle Data Guard---Redo Apply

Oracle Data Guard---SQL Apply

Oracle Data Guard---Snapshot Standby

Oracle Active Data Guard

Extra cost option

Data Guard, both Physical and Logical Standby are INCLUDED in the license of the database (and have been as long as I know) AS LONG as the standby database itself is properly licensed.

IN other words, Data Guard is NOT a 'for fee option', but intrinsic to the database, BUT each host must be appropriately licensed to run the database.

Active Data Guard, on the other hand, is a separate for-fee option.

My question still stands: does the rider under heading "Infrastructure Repository Databases" (further down the page on the above link) also cover the standby database?

/Hans