Killed session

From: <Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:24:24 -0500

Hi Listers,

Oracle 9.2.0.8 on Solaris 9

In one of my production database session was long running. Session was killed last night. Since then session is marked as KILLED in v$session. This killed session is holding locks on few tables and causing further problems.

USED_UBLK in v$transaction is constant at 287 since late last night.

I identified unix process and killed at os level two hours ago, still session would not go away. (os process is gone already)

What else should I be looking at? How do I get rid of KILLED session?

I do not have luxury to recycle database.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mayen