RE: Killed session

From: Bort, Guillermo <>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:13:53 -0600

Perhaps this session is rolling back changes. There were a couple of views you could check. Actually it wouldn't be the session but the PMON rolling back the tx.

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:24 PM To:
Subject: Killed session

Hi Listers,

Oracle on Solaris 9

In one of my production database session was long running. Session was killed last night. Since then session is marked as KILLED in v$session. This killed session is holding locks on few tables and causing further problems.

USED_UBLK in v$transaction is constant at 287 since late last night.

I identified unix process and killed at os level two hours ago, still session would not go away. (os process is gone already)

What else should I be looking at? How do I get rid of KILLED session?

I do not have luxury to recycle database.

Your help is greatly appreciated.