RE: Killed session

From: <Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:59:33 -0500

Thank you Dick,

I really appreciate help I am getting from you and other members.

I already checked v$lock. Only lock is on table held by killed session.

Thanks
Mayen

"Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Nov 12 2008 01:49 PM

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard_at_Lazard NYC
cc

Subject
RE: Killed session

Then I'd say your stuck with having to bounce the database. You might want to look around & see if there is a blocking lock. Look for the blocking column in V$LOCK.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com [mailto:Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com] Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:47 PM To: Goulet, Richard
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Killed session

No distributed transaction involved.

Thanks
Mayen

"Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Nov 12 2008 12:41 PM

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard_at_Lazard NYC, oracle-l_at_freelists.org cc

Subject
RE: Killed session

First thing I'd look at is if a distributed transaction is in process. Look in dba_2pc_pending as the session may be looking for a foreign database that is where this session started. Otherwise you may have one of those instances where a database restart is the only way you'll clear the locks.