[Q] sqlplus through VPN not work, but tnsping work

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:55:28 -0800 (PST)

I tried to access our ORACLE server through VPN. The problem I have is "sqlplus" not work, but tnsping work. Network engineer told me he did open port 1521 for me.

if I use ORACLE "tnsping" on PC side, it will response back. Server side have message "15-DEC-2004 20:36:38 * ping * 0" on listener.ora file.

If I use "sqlplus" on PC, there is message pop-up:

        ORA-12535: TNS: Operation time out

there is NO message on ORACLE server side listener.ora file.

Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?