RE: [Q] sqlplus through VPN not work, but tnsping work

From: Carol Bristow <Carol.Bristow_at_dpra.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:27:13 -0600

As mentioned in an earlier message (I forget by who at the moment), only the initial SQL*Plus connection goes through port 1521 (or whichever port your listener is listening on). Once the initial connection is made, a different port number is dynamically assigned to the session. There is a way to force all traffic to go through a single port, but I had problems when I tried to set it up in version 8. Check the Netowking documentation.

Carol Bristow
DPRA Inc.
1300 N 17th St Suite 950
Rosslyn, VA 22209