What not to do in a standby environment ?

From: Prem Khanna J <premj_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 10:40:16 -0000

Hi Friends,
I would like to know the list of "NOT TO DO" on Primary database in Standby database environment. And how to rectify, in case , it's done.

i have a partial list like ...
NOLOGGING , CLEAR ARCHIVE , RECREATE CONTROL FILE, RESETLOGS , ARCHIVE LOG STOP Please do let me know if you have come across  anything that's it left out from the docs in case of standby database DONT'S.

Note:120855.1 has got some , but it seems to miss  things like NOLOGGING operations . If someone has one such list , can you share it with me ?

The environment is oracle 8.1.7.4/Solrais 9.

Any pointers would be of immense help.TIA.

Regards,
Prem.