Re: What not to do in a standby environment ?

From: <Tony.Adolph_at_o2.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:20:35 +0100

Its not really a don't do, but you have to be aware that if you add a new datafile to the production db, then you must also manually add it to the standby. Recovery stops until the new datafile is added. Cheers
Tony

Prem Khanna J <premj_at_rediffmail.com>
12/07/2004 11:40 AM
Please respond to
premj_at_rediffmail.com

oracle-l_at_FreeLists.org
cc

Subject
What not to do in a standby environment ?

Hi Friends,
I would like to know the list of "NOT TO DO" on Primary database in Standby database environment. And how to rectify, in case , it's done. i have a partial list like ...
NOLOGGING , CLEAR ARCHIVE , RECREATE CONTROL FILE, RESETLOGS , ARCHIVE LOG STOP
Please do let me know if you have come across  anything that's it left out from the docs in case of standby database DONT'S.
Note:120855.1 has got some , but it seems to miss  things like NOLOGGING operations . If someone has one such list , can you share it with me ? The environment is oracle 8.1.7.4/Solrais 9. Any pointers would be of immense help.TIA. Regards,
Prem.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 05:37:17 CST