Re: What not to do in a standby environment ?

From: Scott Dial <smd_at_triquetra.homelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:38:47 -0500

Oh yea, if you do perform any of your actions "nologging, etc" you'll have to refresh the standby database. (not fun)

One way we test our standby's is using EMC's BCV splits. We split the entire disk system, do an "alter database mount standby database; alter database open" and test the functionality, then resync the bcv's.

+++ Prem Khanna J [07/12/04 10:40 -0000]: