RE: OFF-TOPIC Loose and lose

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

> (okay, admit it, haven't we all called up a
> word processor at least
> once exclusively to check the spelling of a single
> word because 'I can't
> remember where I put that paper dictionary'? I know
> I have).

  Guilty as charged ;)

> No, the interesting phenomenon is loose vs. lose.
> I've seen technical
> material that is otherwise perfectly spelled, but
> lose is misspelled
> consistently.

  Hmm, I'd noticed the misuse before, but hadn't paid that much attention to it, now that you mention it though it does seem to happen frequently.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 02:11:40 CDT