RE: Work vs marriage

From: Heidi E. Schmidt <heidi_at_cybercom.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:47:02 -0400 (EDT)

Wow. That last commentary is a button pusher, and a lever puller. ;) Better known as trolling. (And I'm responding, go figure.)

My personal opinion is that you marry knowing what the other persons personality is. Some couples work often and play often together. Some married couples have dichotomy and that works for them (one works more than the other or one works and the other stays at home workign but not at a salary job)

Most people I know who love to work find ways to incorporate those habits and have a real life.
What is the right way? Doesn't have to be the right way for everybody. Just has to be a way.

my two pennies

        heidi

> At 07:36 AM 6/2/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >I have watched this thread, interestingly started by a Brit but mainly
> >followed by Americans (which is probably why nobody referred to one's
> >supposedly better half as 'the trouble and strife') with much curiosity.
> >Given the idyllic picture ("The little IT shop in the prairie") one
> >wonders how the US manage to have so high a divorce rate. Must be SAs,
> >developers and end-users who push the average up.
>
> Hey, wait a minute, I resent that. I am mostly a developer, only a DBA
> when I am forced to be because our "DBA" has neither training nor
> experience. Since I have never been married, not because of the job, just
> because I was fairly asocial to start with, I can't really speak to the
> topic, but I have know plenty of other developers who have long and stable
> relationships. I personally vote for end users, everyone knows what
> trouble they are.
>

> >Very refreshing.
> >--
> >Regards,
> >
> > Stephane Faroult
> > email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com
> > Oriole Corporation
> > Voice: +44 (0) 7050-696-269
> > Fax: +44 (0) 7050-696-449
> > Performance Tools & Free Scripts

> Author: Regina Harter
> INET: rharter_at_emc-inc.com

 -%---%---%---%----%----%----%----%---%----%---%----%----%----%----%---%---%--  "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,

	 which is the exact opposite."
 			        -- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical_Essays", 1928