Re: Running PO 7 for WINDOWS 95 MEGA PROBLEMS !!

From: Sunil Godithi <sunil_at_RO.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 08:43:06 -0600

Allen McMillan wrote:

> Message authorized by:
> : aq936_at_lafn.org_at_Internet at X400PO
> Sam,
>
> According to Oracle Technical Support, Personal Oracle version 7.2
> is the only personal Oracle that is certified on windows 95.
>
> Allen
> DOE/EIA/Unisys

Yes, I heard about that one but I run Designer2K and all related tools on win95. And I have also at least 4 users using dev2K runtimes on Win95. I can even say they work better on win 95 then on WFW3.11. But even whenever the tools are using a long script, it still won't let you use the computer till all the processing is done.

I have also found that the installer doesn't work in win95, so you have to load it on windows i.e if installer is loaded before upgrading to win95, everything works.
some of the GUI items like poplist look different, too.

That folks has been my experience with Dev2K & Des2K on Win95.

Sunil

                                \|/
                               (@ @)
  "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
     code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Sunil Godithi                              sunil_at_ro.com
Keystone Solutions Inc                     s0repsg3_at_sad42.sad.usace.army.mil