Running PO 7 for WINDOWS 95 MEGA PROBLEMS !!

From: S Sasson <aq936_at_LAFN.ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 14:07:51 -0800

Hi,

I have a problem using PO for WINDOWS 95 and the tools for windows, workgroup 200, SQLPLUS etc. etc. Initially I had everything running under Windows 3.1 and it ran fine. After upgrading the OS to WIN 95 Iinstalled the PO BETA version, since the WINDOWS version PO 7 simply won't work.

When attempting to connect to the PERSONAL ORACLE running under WIN 95 it gives me an error message: BRW-15387 login failed -- ORA-09352: windows NT two task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task.

In one of my attempts to reinstall, the WIN 95 installer even said smthng along the lines of: The installer did not find any win 3.1 products, and therefore the required files will not be updated. They also say that further info will be found in an ORA16UPD\README.TXT file. This directory does not exist there, according to the WIN 95 FINDER.

Anyways, I don't know if it can be solved, I hope it can, probably by installing it back on WIN 3.1 .... unfortunately. If you have any other ideas off hand I'll be more than glad to hear about it.......

By the way, I even went through completely purging everything, reinstalling the win 3.1 tools first (without the personal rdbms there). And then reinstalling the WIN 95 personal ORACLE, I ran it from the setup.exe from the ORA 7.2 CD. And still, same shameful results.... :(

I was wondering if anybody out there had the same kind of problem, and if there is a asolution other thatn installing everything under WIN 3.1 ...???

TIA Sam.

--

     _/_/_/_/_/ ____ fax ..: 818.758.1671  web: http://katz.wcula.edu/~ssasson

   _/_/_/ _______    e-mails ..: aq936_at_lafn.org , samsas_at_aol.com ______