Finally I will be at a conference where my British accent, specifically my North West of England accent will be understood. This will be my first time presenting at the UK OUG Conference and what better place than Liverpool to do it? Home of my beloved Everton F.C., hometown of my parents and less than 20 miles from where I grew up (People from Liverpool would call me a woollyback) just outside Wigan. So I will try to remember to shift from the Californian drawl I have picked up over the last 14 years and into my finest scouse accent.
I’m going to be presenting two papers which will showcase not just the powerful features that can revolutionize how you run your business, but also the amazing use experience, mobile and social features available in our ERP Cloud. Both are on Monday and one is right after the other, so I’m a little bit apprehensive about having 10 minutes to dash from one room to another, get set up and start again.
Here are the details of the sessions, or just search for ‘Haimes’ and you’ll find them. Add them to your agenda, because they are both ‘must not miss’ sessions.
First up, Monday December 8th, 2pm, Hall 11C
This is a great session with a lot of content to pack in but I know the area well and am very passionate about it and have seen first hand how big a deal this is for businesses.
Then 10 minutes to pack up and dash to Hall 1B for 3pm
Doing live demos, with multiple different devices to switch between and using a live cloud environment on a conference WiFi make this a logistical challenge. However when you have a phenomenal user experience, the best thing to do is show it live, so bear with me because we have some pretty cool features to show.
- It’s a very exciting opportunity to experience the powerful Financial Reporting innovations in our Cloud offerings without disruption to your existing ERP investments.
- It’s a way to take advantage of the Simplified Financials Report Center, optimized for easy access to reports on your choice of mobile device
- It includes the sunburst data visualization tool, which was my killer demo last week at OpenWorld (see screen shot)
- It’s a way to move to cloud in an incremental manner, realizing business benefits quickly without disruption to your existing business processes and systems.
- It has a companion EBusiness Suite feature (available on 12.1.3 and 12.2.4) that will push all your set up and GL Balances to your cloud service and generate reports automatically for you. Giving you a zero configuration reporting solution for you EBS GL Balances data (watch out for more detailed posts on this soon)
- It has web services to load General Ledger data from PeopleSoft, JDE Edwards or any other ERP system.
- It’s a way to get your hands on the Oracle Social Network which is part of the platform our Cloud offerings are built on.
That’s a decent list to start with, but there are a few things that it isn’t which I should call out
- It is not(yet) the Accounting Hub Integration Platform with all the rule based accounting transformations provided by Subledger Accounting Architecture (SLA)
- It is not a new name designed to confuse you when we already have Financials Accounting Hub and Fusion Accounting Hub.
Look out for future posts going into more detail, or you can look at the cloud service page, which has important details such as pricing.