Re: Mainframes Vs. Oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:11:59 -0800

inqusite wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this field. I have been working in Mainframes for a while.
> I just wanted to know, whether Oracle has the power and capability to
> replicate mainframes in future.
>
> Thanks.

In the future? A better question if one temporarily ignores the fact that you are comparing hardware with software, is how many years ago did Oracle achieve the ability to replace mainframe databases?

The answer is more than a decade. At Boeing, more than a decade ago, I was using Oracle 7.3.4 to replace mainframe database systems.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org