Re: starting oracle service dbconsole error

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:59:19 GMT

"tridh via DBMonster.com" <u8914_at_uwe> wrote in message news:5da3a5421a81a_at_uwe...
> i had a error starting oracle dbconsole, it was working fine
before........
> when i tried starting it from services it gave me following error
>
> Windows could not start oracle dbconsole on Local computer. For more
> information, review the System Event Log. If this is a not-Microsoft
service,
> contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2.
>
> when i tried using emctl start dbconsole, it reflect the error
> OC4J Configuration issue. D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\
> db_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_192.168.50.1_ddcfamp not found.
>
> When i tried to find out what is the error, by using sc query
> OracleDBConsoleDDCFAMP in command it reflect
> Service_Name: OracleDBConsoleDDCFAMP
> Type :
WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
> STATE : 1 STOPPED

(NOT_STOPPABLE,
> NOT_PAUSABLE, I GNORES_SHUTDOWN)
> WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 1066
> SERVICE _EXIT_CODE : 2 (0X2)
> CHECK_POINT : 0 X 0
> WAIT_HINT : 0 X 0
>
> I could not figure what is going on ? If anyone could provide me any hint
for
> resolving such problem would be highly appreciable
>
> thax
> tri bikram
>
> --

Does the server has a fixed IP address as described in the name of the file? If so it is probably exactly as it says an OC4J configuration issue. Check metalink for ddcfamp and oc4j configuration. It is possible it is finding the wrong java due to a path misconfiguration. This can happen if you install several versions of oracle in a confusing order, like 10g, then 9i, then 10g again, etc. Received on Wed Mar 22 2006 - 17:59:19 CST