Re: how is multi user concurrent READ enabled with oracle

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:25:54 -0500

"Jack" <jack_posemsky_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142954351.656340.153770_at_z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
: Thanks Mark,
:
: Those items are enabled to allow READ during OLTP processing, which is
: great. I am not talking about that - rather simply talking about multi
: user READ access, independent of transactions, read consistency, data
: consistency - those are all issues that come up when mixing writing
: with reading .. I am only speaking of straight multi user READ as in a
: data mart. What features are enabled for this (buffer pools ?)..
:
: thanks
: jack
:

jack,

it sounds like you are actually interested in performance issues

you should peruse the concepts manual and the dba guide to get familiar with the oracle architecture, and perhaps the tuning guide

++ mcs Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:25:54 CST