Re: how is multi user concurrent READ enabled with oracle

From: Jack <jack_posemsky_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2006 07:19:11 -0800

Thanks Mark,

Those items are enabled to allow READ during OLTP processing, which is great. I am not talking about that - rather simply talking about multi user READ access, independent of transactions, read consistency, data consistency - those are all issues that come up when mixing writing with reading .. I am only speaking of straight multi user READ as in a data mart. What features are enabled for this (buffer pools ?)..

thanks
jack Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:19:11 CST