Re: high availability

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:04:02 GMT

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:41:17 -0500, NetComrade wrote:

> I believe RAC only comes with either Enterprise + RAC license, OR with
> Oracle One license, which is limited to 2CPUs (or 2 dual core CPUs..
> maybe)

RAC is an OPTION to the ENterprise Edition for ORacle9i and 10g. (Options cost extra money.)

RAC is included, at no additional cost, with the Standard Edition of Oracle 10g [only]. This permits the (maximum) 4 CPUs allowed in Standard Edition to reside on separate machines.

RAC is not meaningful with STandard Edition One which is limited to a single machine with one or two CPU (and capable of no more than 2 CPU).

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com