Re: Please help! Oracle 10g repository creation quesiton

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:55:36 +0100

tomashek_at_uiuc.edu wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am very new to Oracle and want to evaluate Oracle 10g Designer. I
> downloaded it but am having problem with the creation of a repository.
>
> Basically, my DBA wants to know (and rightly so) what permissions are
> necessary for the db user who creates the repository. He doesn't want
> to grant global permissions if he doesn't have to (a good idea!). I
> have looked through documentation for quite a while now, and nothing
> seems laid out for the necessary permissions of the installer.
>
> Can anyone help out here?
>
> Thanks!
> Todd

All permissions needed are in the install document. And in a script, too. But do point out, that the repository admin is some sort of SYSTEM account; you do not operate Designer as the repository admin, but as user.

The rep admin is used for housekeeping (gathering stats, to name one!)

One script would be ckqa, located in Oracle_home\repadm61\admin. The ckcreate scripts "Creates the database objects required by the repository.
Also creates the repository owner with the necessary privileges."

(Source: Oracle SCM Repository Installation Guide)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...