Oracle 9i Advanced Replication

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2006 08:04:27 -0800

Hello,

On a Solaris 8 system running Oracle 9i (9.2.0.6) Enterprise Edition we are considering Advanced Replication. We basically need to replicate all the user schema objects in the database. After wading through the docs I have a few questions.

  1. This database is 3 terabytes in size, must the entire database by placed in the que to be created or can I build a database to be used as the secondary and then syncronize it?
  2. What are the pros and cons of streams? Would you use this?
  3. What are some best practices you can pass on concerning Advanced Replication?
  4. Are there any special considerations in setting up Replication in 9i with migrating to 10g in mind?

Guys, thanks for the feedback,

Michael42 Received on Sun Mar 05 2006 - 10:04:27 CST