Re: Oracle 9i Advanced Replication

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 01:25:45 -0800

Streams would be nice (you can/should be able to set up replication for a schema, as you require), but it's pretty bug-ridden in 9iRel2. And some are nasty.
Advanced replication (using materialized views) is old, proven technology, but more cimbersome to set up.

Depending on why you want to replicate, I'd look into another possibility: that of transportable tablespaces.

When your migration to 10g is eminent, I'd go for Streams.

My 2 c,
Frank van Bortel Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 03:25:45 CST