Database link from 9i to 10g

From: lindseke <keith.lindsey_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2006 07:19:11 -0800

Hi,

I have a 9i database on which I am trying to make a database connection to a 10g database. Whenever I try to connect, I get an error saying:

ORA-12645: Parameter does not exist.

I get the same error when trying to connect to the 10g database using the 9i sqlplus. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a database link from 9i to 10g, or is there a forward compatibility issue here?

Many thanks,
Keith Received on Sun Mar 05 2006 - 09:19:11 CST