Re: Executing Oracle Scheduler Job from SQL Server .

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:04:25 -0700

Zahir,

ORA-12154 indicates that you are having basic TNS connectivity problems, such as being unable to access the host or port specified in the TNS name definition.  Google it for more information.

Use "ping" to prove that you have basic connectivity to the host first, then next try "curl -v telnet://<IP-address>:<port-nbr>" to prove that you have connectivity to the host and port, then finally use "tnsping" to prove that you have connectivity to the host, port, and ORACLE_SID.

Then perhaps try this operation again?

Hope this helps,

-Tim