Executing Oracle Scheduler Job from SQL Server .

From: Zahir Mohideen <zahir.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:23:26 -0400

I am sorry , if it is a wrong forum to post this question.

I have an oracle scheduler job that takes the data from MS SQL Server. This process is dependent on the pre-processing of the SQL server data. Therefore , I have created SQL Server Agent Job with step 1 for the pre-process and step 2 for execute oracle scheduler job.

This step 2 works fine with my windows login ( I am the superuser having sysadmin , serveradmin privileges). But , if I execute the step 2 with SQL server login ( even with database owner privilege) , it errors out with ORA-12154. What other privileges does this user need to execute Oracle Scheduer job ?

Thanks in advance.

*Windows ID*

C:\>sqlcmd -S coursenc02,1460 -W
1> Execute ( 'call dbms_scheduler.run_job(''ORA_DATA_REFRESH'')') AT ora_dwcs;
2> go

(0 rows affected)

*SQL Server ID*

C:\>sqlcmd -S coursenc02,1460 -U orausr -P pass1234 1> Execute ( 'call dbms_scheduler.run_job(''ORA_DATA_REFRESH'')') AT ora_dwcs;
2> go
Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Server coursenc02, Line 1 Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "ora_dwcs". OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "ora_dwcs" returned message "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154". 1> exit